Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scream 5 and 6?




When the Weinstein Company announced Scream 4 was going into production, they said that film was going to reboot the franchise and be the start of whole new trilogy. I got excited when I heard that because the Scream franchise is my favorite Horror trilogy. Scream 4 went into production on June 28th, 2010 and wraped on September 23rd, 2010. The film was given a release date of April 15th, 2011 which I thought was very interesting because it is 4/15/11. I looked at all those numbers and realized there was a great connection. 4th movie, 15 years after the original, 11 years after the 3rd film. After waiting so long for Scream 4 to come out, I went to the midnight showing and had alot of fun watching it. If the film made over its 40 million dollar budget, it should get a sequel but sadly the film only grossed 18 million its opening weekend making it the second lowest opeining of the franshise. The film recieved alot of mixed reviews but the only positive reviews are from fans of the original. With the ending of Scream 4, I don't really know if there can be a 5th and movie but I am always ready for a Scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment