Tuesday, February 15, 2011

4 Killers for the Price of One Ticket!

The year was 1982 and the Horror Genre produced a massive number of Slasher films and other types of Horror films. The Horror fans have already been introduced to Norman Bates (Psycho), Leatherface (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Michael Myers (Halloween), and Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th part 2. Jason was in fact not the killer in the original!). With four slasher icons already invented, the producers of New Line Cinema wanted to do something that has never been done before. They came up with a slasher film that involved four killers instead of one! The film was called "Alone in the Dark." The film is about four psychopaths that break out of a mental institution during a city wide black out and proceed to terrorize their Doctor and his family in their secluded house. The producers of the film wanted to give the horror fans four killers for the price of one movie ticket. The film did not do too well theatrically but it is still a very great slasher to watch and is recommended for any horror fan.

This is the poster for the film.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/55/Alone_in_the_dark_ver1.jpg/220px-Alone_in_the_dark_ver1.jpg

Here are the 4 killers. (LtoR) Preacher, Hawkes, Fatty, and The Bleeder . The Bleeder wears a Hockey mask just like Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees. This movie came out before Jason got the mask.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kRBTLr-TZ68/TCl0FQQO4LI/AAAAAAAAQqg/Ab1JtWn3r4Y/s1600/PDVD_029.BMP

7 comments:

  1. Texas Chainsaw massacre was one of the great all time movies. I thought it was well done when I first saw it and couldn't believe how nutty the characters were in the movie. The remake was done pretty well also, but I like when the stick close to the original script, instead of adding a bunch of other nonsense that takes away from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see what Alone in the Dark movie is like. I just read the WIKI page for this movie and noticed that the reception column rates this movie as an "intelligent hack and slash" movie which is sounds quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, I have never been a fan of slasher films. The blood and gore freak me out. But there is a demand for these films. People enjoy being scared and titillated. I rather watch a great chick flick any day, I don't like to be grossed out. Good post, I didn't know 'Alone in the Dark' was produced. It was an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not have a chance to see this moive, but this film must be very scaring and intence Because I see a lot of blood in the pitures. I like some action film with humor, like Jack Chen' film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I am not a fan of horror movies. I think that they are detrimental for one’s psychics and in general, does not send any messages. From my perspective, the only thing it does is the harmful influence on our children. Unfortunately, violence is today’s sad reality, and everybody can become its victim. In respect with horror movies, violence has become a part of contemporary culture. Violence is caused by many social and economic matters, and it is important to understand them, and see what we can do to stop it. No matter what the situation is, the outcome is never good. In my opinion, horror movies are one of the causes that initiates violent acts, and at this point, are dangerous for the contemporary society!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly I run out screaming of horror movies. I believe people are sick and twisted for wanting to see people hack others to death, even tho I do admit some of the few ones I've seen are funny as hell.

    ReplyDelete